plex86-devel

[Plex86-devel] Compiling/Running Plex86 for the first time

From: George Reynolds
Subject: [Plex86-devel] Compiling/Running Plex86 for the first time
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:33:43 +0000

If I try to run the following, I get an error:

linux:/home/george/Desktop/plex86-20021117/kernel # insmod plex86.o
plex86.o: kernel-module version mismatch
        plex86.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.19
        while this kernel is version 2.4.19-4GB.

I cannot seem to find any load_modules.sh script in etc or any other directory
after doing
./configure
make

I also cannot get the compile.xml to parse properly in the docs directory and
there isn't an html .tar.gz as is suggested.

The xml files don't really seem much help :(

Once I have the kernel module installed, how do I go about installing an
operating system?

thanks
George