plex86-devel

[Plex86-devel] [Bug #2598] Cannot start install of RedHat 8.0 when boot

From: nobody
Subject: [Plex86-devel] [Bug #2598] Cannot start install of RedHat 8.0 when booting from CD or Floppy
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:52:57 -0500

=================== BUG #2598: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2598&group_id=869

Changes by: Drew Northup N1XIM <address@hidden>
Date: Mon 03/24/03 at 13:52 (US/Eastern)

Yes, try that.  Just the VGA BIOS though.

=================== BUG #2598: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: bob_deep                Project: Plex86 Virtual Machine
Submitted on: Wed 02/19/03 at 12:37
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open

Original Submission:  Attempted to start a system install of RedHat 8.0 from CD
and was unable to get the virtual system to boot using both the CD or the
standard boot floppy.

The Display had problems and the install process did not seem to proceed from
what I could see.

This is either a display issue, where the display is not being properly
updated, or some other problem that prevents the proper booting of the kernel.
I cannot tell.

The config file attached is based upon the NT config file included in the CVS
archives.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Mon 03/24/03 at 13:52         By: RvnPhnx
Yes, try that.  Just the VGA BIOS though.

Date: Tue 02/25/03 at 00:29         By: None
Update...

This really seems to be a VGA problem.

I've found that if I do the "right" keystrokes the CDROM seems to run at the
approprate times, like the install is working, but I just cannot see what's
going on.

Also, the bottom third of the screen is filled with strange red and black bars.
 There seems to be some white unreadable text in the top area of the screen
that changes when I type in stuff.

Should I try the latest VGA bios and Plugins from BOCS?

-= Bob =-

CC list is empty

File Attachments

Date: Wed 02/19/03 at 12:37  Name: mine  Size: 2KB   By: bob_deep