plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] new patches for Plex86 in Savannah

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] new patches for Plex86 in Savannah
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 13:47:30 +0200

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 11:51:06PM -0400, Eric Laberge wrote:

> > btw, for performance i'm playing with an update of Kevin's patch to use
> > Bochs as the userland component with Plex86. it seems to work fine with
> > the "official" plex86 (not Kevin's fork), and it's in Bochs' patch queue:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=705777&group_id=12
> >580&atid=312580
>
> (I'd kill for documentation of Bochs and Plex86 internals...)

look at the patch, there are very few lines modifiing actual Bochs code,
the rest is a separate interface.

given my ignorance on both bochs and plex86 internals, i'm unable to
understand it (actualy i didn't bother, all i did was updating the patch
and some trivial fixes) but if you look at it doesn't seem hard.

btw, it needs extensive testing. any takers? [1]

[1] this may realy fuck your system, be sure to read bochs-plex86-notes first

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide