pretest-users

[Pretest-users] Sending data from host to guest in qemu

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: [Pretest-users] Sending data from host to guest in qemu
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 20:32:21 +0100

How would I copy a file from my hard disk into a virtual image, running in qemu?

I thought of trying to use a serial port, but the instructions in the
pretest manual seem only to work for sending data from the guest to
the host, not the other way around.

I'm running the NetBSD 6.1.4 image with

$qemu-system-x86_64  -nographic -m 384 -snapshot     -net user -net
nic,model=virtio     -serial mon:stdio -nodefaults -nographic
-drive if=virtio,media=disk,index=0,file=netbsd614.build-ready.qcow2

I can get data into the virtual image over the Internet, with wget,
but it would be nice to be able to access files on my local system.

I saw that the "-net user" option connected the VM to the network, but
I don't know how to send files into the VM. Does the VM have an IP
address?