protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] why doesent it recognize key presses?

From: rsff
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] why doesent it recognize key presses?
Date: 10 May 2003 12:21:21 -0300

Hi Peter,

As you may already know, Protux has not even had a beta release yet. The
"stable releases" are only milestones for certain implementations. So
most things are either being implemented, or will be in the future.

Because of that, and if i'm not mistaken, the "quick-help" may not be up
to date with the actual keys. The quickhelp may not be completely
acurate until the first 1.0 release. Either way, we have been
re-implemeting the recording engine (after we found some stuff out about
ALSA), which should only be complete with the release 0.18. if you want
actual keys, have a look at the file called "jmb.map", which should be
under /usr/local/protux/resources, or something like that.

As for the <KK> actions, its a bit of a question of getting used to it.
if you practice a bit, you'll see its not that hard to make it work.
Either way, the system is still quite buggy, and will change in the
future. When that happens we will surely consider  your suggestion of
giving it a bit more leeway. Also, in regards to the 3sec error, please
file the bug in savannah.

Eitherway, some problems are still expected. It is still only 0.17, we
most of the features are only going to be implemented from here on.

Thanks for the return!
Fabio.
(Brasil)