protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] Re: Protux-support Digest, Vol 6, Issue 2

From: booker
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] Re: Protux-support Digest, Vol 6, Issue 2
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 14:53:05 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Am Sonntag, 11. Mai 2003 04:52 schrieb L. Andrew Somerville:
> You guys are notorious for telling people to go to savannah and not giving
> a URL. Try to be a little more helpful when you ask people to report bugs.

I think we are helpful as much as possible, because Peter could found SOME OR
ALL ANSWERS to his questions at the protux homepage (FAQ, Links, Tutorial,
...) or sources (README, jmb.map, ...).
BUT some users don't read this documents carefully enough before contacting
protux lists .... Peter, please tell me if I'm wrong!!! ;-)

> You have left me out in the cold a number of times.

I'm not sure understanding what you are hinting at ... do you mean your
request for getting a protux member for contributing code for protux?
I don't know what's going on, because I send you 2 or 3 messages to get to
know your savannah name - so I could be able to add you as a member, in the
end - but I never get a reply?!?

> > > i open protux,
> > > then type <R>, it says "arm track before recording"
> > >
> > > also if any of the developers read this, the
> > > simulaneous <KK> thing is badly implememnted.. you
> > > have to press the keys at almost EXACTLY the same
> > > time. should allow for a bit of leeway? no?
>
> This is a really good suggestion. Worth working on.

As I said above ... this is answered in the tutorial.

> > > another annoying thing is that when you get an error
> > > because you typed an unrecognized K, it wont let you
> > > type the next command for about 3 seconds.
>
> Another really practical suggestion

The only solution I know about is to report this as a bug ... since this seems
to be a bug.
I can't check this behaviour right now, because I can't compile the actual cvs
sources (which seems to be the version Peter is using right now ????) on my
machine :-(

Martin, any idea?

address@hidden mustuxlib]$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/booker/cvs/mustux/mustuxlib'
cd . && autoheader
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/booker/cvs/mustux/mustuxlib'
cd . \
  && CONFIG_FILES= CONFIG_HEADERS=[config.h] \
     /bin/sh ./config.status
config.status: creating [config.h]
config.status: error: cannot find input file: [config.h].in
make: *** [stamp-h] Error 1
address@hidden mustuxlib]$

btw - actually I'm running Mandrake 9.1
automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p6