protux-support

[Protux-support] ALSA aliases in protux?

From: g . o . d
Subject: [Protux-support] ALSA aliases in protux?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:17:40 +0200

Hello,

first i want to say, that after buying a pc only for doing audio
and refusing to install windows, i have now almost a half
year odyssey of checking out that hundered of unusable linux audio
programms out there.

With protux i finally have found one which is exactly what
i need (and compiles on my system :) )

Thank you for that precious software...

But... (sadly there always have to be a "but" :-) )

I have one big problem... i dont hear anything...

Protux searches the available soundcards by itself and
only gives me the hardware drivers (hw:0,0 - hw:0,3).
I have a very special setup and therefor i would need
to have access to the alsa aliases defined in ~/.asoundrc.

Is there a way to get protux detect them, or to simply
specify them by hand (maybe any defines in the source)?

Thank you
-> Heiko Irrgang