protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] ALSA aliases in protux?

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] ALSA aliases in protux?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:29:35 +0200

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:17:40 +0200
address@hidden wrote:

> Hello,

Hej,

> first i want to say, that after buying a pc only for doing audio
> and refusing to install windows, i have now almost a half
> year odyssey of checking out that hundered of unusable linux audio
> programms out there.
>
> With protux i finally have found one which is exactly what
> i need (and compiles on my system :) )
>
> Thank you for that precious software...
>
> But... (sadly there always have to be a "but" :-) )
>
> I have one big problem... i dont hear anything...
>
> Protux searches the available soundcards by itself and
> only gives me the hardware drivers (hw:0,0 - hw:0,3).
> I have a very special setup and therefor i would need
> to have access to the alsa aliases defined in ~/.asoundrc.
> Is there a way to get protux detect them, or to simply
> specify them by hand (maybe any defines in the source)?

i think it will be necessary to go through the ~/.asoundrc file as it seems to
be the only way to correctly handle multichannel cards and special setups.

Unfortunately it isn't implemented that way now.

I don't think it would be easy to do a small fix to handle that.
What devices do you need ? plughw ?

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Satellite - BAR CONCERTS CAFES-THEATRES
-> http://sat.epfl.ch