pspp-dev

Re: pspp development

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp development
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:02:01 +0800

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 10:54:19AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 12:27:32AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     >
     >   I understand that sourceforge supports subversion now.  I wonder
     >   whether savannah has any plans to support additional SCM systems?
     >   CVS can be pretty limiting.
     >
     > I think savannah does have such plans.  Maybe we should wait until
     > they are implemented.

     Perhaps we should ask what kind of time frame to expect.  If it's
     going to be a few months, that's probably fine.  If it's going to
     be a few years, we probably want to reorganize before then.  In
     between, who knows?

I did a bit of investigation.  savannah.gnu.org uses the savane
software.  Currently savane seems to offer a choice of CVS or Arch ---
that's with Savane-1.0.5.  But Savannah is currently on 1.0.4. So
presumably if and when they move to 1.0.5  then Arch will be offered
as well.

I've not used Arch, but I understand it has fills a lot of the gaps in
CVS.  Eg: Atomic commit model and clean renaming of files.

I'll send the savannah-hackers a email and ask them what their
intentions are.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3