pspp-dev

Re: Long variable names

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: Long variable names
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:51:44 +0000

> * test/expressions/randist.sh bails out on the beta and F distribution
>   tests, but as per previous discussions, I think this is a problem
>   with the test rather than the code.  I'll leave it to the numerical
>   analysts to work out what's going on.

I could not reproduce this problem with a recent checkout. I used a
slightly modified version of randist.sh, as well as the usual
randist.sh.  The modified randist.sh is pasted below. Running diff -b
-B by hand returned no difference between the files written by
randist.sh and the files in tests/expressions/randist/.

-Jason

----------modified randist.sh------------------------------------
#! /bin/sh

# Tests random distribution functions.

TEMPDIR=/tmp/pspp-tst

# ensure that top_srcdir is absolute
top_srcdir=$HOME/src/pspp
cd $top_srcdir;

export STAT_CONFIG_PATH=$top_srcdir/config

cleanup()
{
     if [ x"$PSPP_TEST_NO_CLEANUP" != x ] ; then
        echo NOT removing directory $TEMPDIR
        return ;
     fi
     rm -rf $TEMPDIR
}

fail()
{
    echo $activity
    echo FAILED
#    cleanup;
    exit 1;
}

no_result()
{
    echo $activity
    echo NO RESULT;
    cleanup;
    exit 2;
}

pass()
{
#    cleanup;
    exit 0;
}

mkdir -p $TEMPDIR
cd $TEMPDIR

activity="run script to generate random distribution test command file"
perl $top_srcdir/tests/expressions/randist/randist.pl \
    < $top_srcdir/tests/expressions/randist/randist.txt \
    > randist.pspp
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then no_result ; fi

activity="run command file"
$HOME/src/pspp/src/pspp --testing-mode -o raw-ascii \
    $TEMPDIR/randist.pspp >$TEMPDIR/randist.err 2> $TEMPDIR/randist.out
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then fail ; fi

for d in beta cauchy chisq exp f gamma laplace logistic lnormal \
         normal pareto t uniform weibull; do
    activity="compare output for $d distribution"
    diff -B -b $top_srcdir/tests/expressions/randist/$d.out $TEMPDIR/$d.out
    if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then fail ; fi
done

pass