pspp-dev

64 bits is now OK.

From: John Darrington
Subject: 64 bits is now OK.
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:45:38 +0800

Ben was right, the 64 bit issues were not too hard.

The first problem was that on dict_get_vars had a argument
size_t *cnt, but it was being passed a pointer to int.  I fixed this by
changing 'size_t *' to 'int *'.

The second problem wasn't actually a 64 bit problem at all.  I found
that ds_vprintf was crashing all the time.  The problem here was that
the va_list args parameter was being passed many times to vprintf.
According to the man page, this argument is undefined after the call.
I 'fixed' this temporarily by makeing a copy using va_copy --- I'm not
particularly happy with this solution --- va_copy is a recent thing, and
some machines might not have it, and anyway I think the whole ds_vprintf
function is quite ugly.  Perhaps gnulib can help us here?

Anyway, all tests now pass on the x86_64

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3