pspp-dev

Re: variable structure modification

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: variable structure modification
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:29:40 +0800

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 03:47:26PM +0000, Jason Stover wrote:

     I have added the following two pieces of information
     to the variable structure:

         /* Values of a categorical variable which are in the active
            file. Procedures need vectors with binary entries, so any
            variable of type ALPHA will have its values stored here. */
         struct cat_vals *obs_vals;

This is actually causing me grief which I hadn't anticipated.

The problem is, that dictionary.c now depends upon cat.c, which in
turn depends upon libgsl.  Since the GUI depends upon dictionary.c, it
now means that I need libgsl in order to compile the GUI

Looking at cat.c (which I've only done very briefly) it seems to me
that the problem is that cat.c actually serves two purposes : a) it
(de)allocates v->obs_vals; and b) it manipulates design_matrix.

I suggest that we split these two roles into separate modules.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3