pspp-dev

Re: my status

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: my status
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:41:58 +0800

OK.  My turn:

1. I'm currently looking at extending system files to read/write string
   variables upto 32767 bytes in length, a la SPSS v13/v14.

2. I'll also change the #includes to use explicit paths.

3. When Ben's checked in the error code, I'll look at the gui
   again. Hopefully get the data sheet working with arbitrary length
   casefiles. Ben, some time ago, we discussed a case_reader_clone
   function in the context of implementing RANK.  I think the gui will
   require something similar.  Is this something simple to implement?

4. Might look at RANK again, and then the way will be clear to do
   NPAR.  Also the percentiles implementation in FREQUENCIES and
   EXAMINE could do with attention,  the current implementation is
   particularly nasty.

5. Might have a look at GLM, if Jason doesn't get there first.

I too have got heaps of other deadlines and reponsibilities
..... can't say if any of the above will be completed within finite
time ......

J'