pspp-dev

Re: musings on performance

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: musings on performance
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 20:37:20 -0700

Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> writes:

> That said, there are numerous optimizations that are likely to
> have real benefit, that we should consider implementing as time
> goes on.  The ones that I've come up with so far are below.
> They're roughly in order of increasing difficulty and benefit,
> and each one tends to depend on the previous.

It's pretty clear that my wilder ideas on optimization just
exposed my ignorance of the structure of statistical
computations.  Oh well.  I'll work on the optimizations that
definitely make sense and we can think about whether anything
more ambitious is worthwhile.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden