pspp-dev

GUI-casefile interaction.

From: John Darrington
Subject: GUI-casefile interaction.
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:43:31 +0800

I've got a change set almost ready to check-in, which uses a casefile
to store the GUI's data sheet.  For reasons already discussed, this
means that there are some user functions which have temporarily
disappeared (eg. inserting deleting cases).  It does however mean that
it can cope with arbitrarily large data sets.  Also, it uncovered a
number of issues with other parts of the GUI so it was a worthwhile
exercise.

Before going ahead and implementing the "flexifile" that we discussed,
I think it'll be good idea to see the casefile participating in a
procedure.  I was thinking of something just enough to serve as proof
of concept such as sorting the casefile.

The trouble is, I'm still not sure from looking at the existing code
how to go about this.

What steps to I have to take to prepare the casefile for participation
in a procedure, and to run a sort procedure on it and read it back to
the GUI ?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3