pspp-dev

Re: experimental files

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: experimental files
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:00:16 +0900

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 09:53:05PM -0500, Jason Stover wrote:
     On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 09:59:19AM +0900, John Darrington wrote:
     > It seems that the normal way for creating modules in CVS has been
     > disabled on savannah for security reasons, but they will enter them
     > for us on request.
     >
     > Jason, I suggest that you create a new directory as a sibling to the
     > pspp directory. Call it "experimental", and create subdirs there
     > reflecting the current arrangement of the pspp dirs.  Thus:
     >
     > pspp/src/math
     > pspp/src/math/linreg
     > pspp/src/math/time-series
     > pspp/src/math/ts
     >
     > experimental/src/math
     > experimental/src/math/time-series
     > experimental/src/math/ts
     >
     > Then, if we need to, we'll ask for an entry in CVSROOT/modules to map
     > experimental onto pspp .

     I created such a local directory with the relevant files in it.
     How do I go about adding this to the CVS repository? Should I contact
     the savannah admins?

You should be able to do cvs add and cvs commit in the normal way.  We
only need admin help if we want to control the way they get mapped on
checkin/checkout.  If they're not going to be used often, then we
probably won't need to.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3