pspp-dev

Re: address@hidden: Re: Regression results need checking ?]

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: Regression results need checking ?]
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 05:56:15 +0900

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 12:05:43PM -0500, Jason Stover wrote:
     I can fix the computation of the standardized coefficients, but before
     I do, I have a question. Is there a place where the regression
     procedure can just read the standard deviation for a variable, or must
     it compute the standard deviation itself? And if the regression
     procedure must compute the standard deviation itself, is there
     a single routine somewhere in src that it can use, or does it
     need its own?

     The reason I ask is because this test data set has missing data, and
     regression already has its own way of dealing with missing cases.  It
     would be nice if there were another standard procedure to call to
     compute descriptive statistics without having to make regression aware
     of yet another way to handle missing data. Computing means, standard
     deviations, and other univariate statistics is a common enough task
     that there should be one place to do it.

This is already done by src/math/moments.c

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3