pspp-dev

[patch #5828] Allow ABTs to lack comparison function

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [patch #5828] Allow ABTs to lack comparison function
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 05:15:14 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

To my surprise, I discovered that one of the main intended clients of the ABT
code actually wanted it only for the tree augmentations, not for the BST
ordering property, and that in fact there was no simple or efficient way to
create a key that yielded the desired ordering.  Thus, this patch, which
changes ABTs to allow the possibility of an ABT having a null comparison
function.  In such a tree, nodes are inserted before or after an existing
node, instead of finding the "correct" position in the BST ordering.

File Attachments:

Date: Tuesday 03/27/07 at 22:15  Name: abt.patch  Size: 11kB   By: blp
patch
<http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=12317>