pspp-dev

Re: Date binary encoding in SPSS .sav files

From: Pascal Heus
Subject: Re: Date binary encoding in SPSS .sav files
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:02:05 -0400

Ben:
In the context of the project I'm working on, I'm putting together a technical reference documenting formats for various packages (SAS, Stata, SPSS, and possibly others like R). The focus is on SPSS and will extend itto other software (probably next year). Attached the section I have so far on SPSS (also available as OPenOffice doc if you prefer). I'll improve on it as the work progresses. The project is LGPL and I don't think it would be a problem sharing this with FSF (I'm a member after all :-)
best
Pascal

Ben Pfaff wrote:
yeraym <address@hidden> writes:

Maybe could be interesting to have a public repository for '.sav' file
format documentation and reader classes in different languages.

I'd be happy to accept contributions of a new .sav file
reader/writer class into the PSPP source tree, if you're willing
to sign the FSF copyright papers.  (And assuming that other PSPP
developers don't have reasonable objections.)