pspp-dev

Re: CLEAR TRANSFORMATIONS ?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: CLEAR TRANSFORMATIONS ?
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:55:27 -0700

> We currently don't implement the CLEAR TRANSFORMATIONS command.
>
> To me it would appear trivial to do so.  Is there subtle thing that
> I've overlooked?  If not I'll go ahead and implement it.

There are a few subtleties I think.  First, I don't think we save
a copy of the dictionary that corresponds to the active file.
We'd need to do so, and then restore it for CLEAR
TRANSFORMATIONS.

Second, some transformations are not exposed to the user and
should not be cleared.  The specific one I have in mind is the
DESCRIPTIVES transformation that produces Z scores.  As far as
the user is concerned that transformation doesn't exist so it
shouldn't be cleared.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org