pspp-dev

Re: Configuring output drivers

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Configuring output drivers
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:02:49 +0800

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 08:55:21PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     Put "screen" into the third field of the device's description in
     the "devices" configuration file.

So the question now is how to arrange the GUI so that it will have an
appropriately configured device.  I've knocked up a simple "output
viewer" which can read and display "pspp.list" (the current default).

Clearly this is not configured the best way for the gui.  It needs to
be a "screen" driver, should probably not have page headers, not use
^H to indicate bold etc.

I've knocked up a basic "output-viewer" window which I'll post soon.
Some questions which spring to mind are:

* How do we make sure that the GUI has an appropriately configured
driver?

* We have to have a "well known" pathname for the file associated with
its output.  What should this pathname be?

* It the GUI starts with an existing output file, then what action
should be taken? Delete the file ? Ignore the existing content?

Probably a few others too which I haven't thought of yet.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3