pspp-dev

Re: Bug in datasheet.c ?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Bug in datasheet.c ?
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:56:16 -0700

> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 05:15:12PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>
>      A better solution would be to detect that the data set has not
>      been changed by the syntax that we executed.  In that case, we
>      don't need to re-encapsulate it in a new datasheet.
>
> Do what do we do if we decide that nothing has changed?  We've already
> called datasheet_make_reader, which has destroyed the datasheet.  So
> now we have to make another one.  How do we do that?

It hasn't destroyed the datasheet.  It just encapsulated it in a
casereader.  We could come up with a way to get it back.

I don't know the best mechanism yet.  It's on my list of
things-to-think-about-soon (but below patch #6117, which I'm
playing with now).
--
A bicycle is one of the world's beautiful machines, beautiful machines
are art, and art is civilisation, good living, and balm to the soul.