pspp-dev

gtk woes

From: Jason Stover
Subject: gtk woes
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:17:13 -0400

After an OS upgrade, I'm going through the agony of upgrading
gtk, pango/cairo and glib to get the gui working. (The new OS didn't have
a new enough version of gtk.)

So I installed gtk+ 2.10.14, pango 1.17.5 and glib 2.12.12. I also have
libglade-2.0.la.

psppire compiled fine, but running it gives these assertion failures, many
times:

(psppire:504): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_icon_set_new_from_pixbuf: assertion `pixbuf
!= NULL' failed

(psppire:504): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

I'm running this with the ratpoison windowmanager. That might be strange, but
psppire used to run with ratpoison on my old system.

Does this problem appear to be caused by psppire having linked to the wrong
lib? It seems to have found the correct ones while compiling.

-Jason