pspp-dev

[patch #6405] Make multiple error messages display in a single dialog

From: John Darrington
Subject: [patch #6405] Make multiple error messages display in a single dialog
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 11:59:42 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, patch #6405 (project pspp):

In message-dialog.c, use g_warning in place of the first fputs.

In code such as :

  text_view = GTK_TEXT_VIEW (get_widget_assert (xml, "message"));
  if (text_view == NULL)
    goto use_fallback;

The condition of this if statement is always false, since get_widget_assert,
asserts that its return value is non NULL

As you've called XML_NEW, you need to unref the xml object. Rather than doing
this within popup_messages, I suggest that you  call it once, and pass a
pointer to the GtkDialog, in which case, you shouldn't destroy the dialog at
the end of the function.
I don't think that gtk_widget_show_all is necessary either.

Can you give the dialog an appropriate window title.  Should the modal
property be set?

Set the "shadow-type" property of scrolled window to "Etched In".

Set the "editable" propery of the text area to false.

Why do we have to drop any of the messages?  They're in a scrolled window, so
the can all be viewed easily.  If there's a huge number, then we could have
two GtkTextArea widgets in a GtkvPaned, one defaulting to the top,  the other
to the bottom of the textbuffer.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6405>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/