pspp-dev

[patch #6358] Text import patch pre-review take 3

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [patch #6358] Text import patch pre-review take 3
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:11:31 +0000

Update of patch #6358 (project pspp):

patch pre-review take 3

Follow-up Comment #6:

Here's the newest rev of the text-import patch.  This one is almost ready for
review.

I know about the following bugs:
- Sometimes there's a tooltip-related segfault after clicking Apply on the
final page.  Have not tracked this down yet.
- The assistant window seems to be too small, especially for the last page.
I always find myself making it larger with the mouse.  I'm not sure how to
tell Gtk that it should be bigger.
- Some others I don't recall at the moment :-)

Stuff I'm going to do before asking for review:
- Make the code attempt to guess column types from the data (currently all
columns are assumed to be in F format).
- Code cleanup

Features that I want to include eventually, but will probably not make it
into the initial versin I check in:
- Support for columnar data (as opposed to delimited data).
- Automatic guessing of the correct delimiters
- Preserving dictionary information if you click Prev from the final page of
the assistant and then click Next again
- Template load and save.

This patch adds a menu item to the File menu.  I don't know if that's the way
to go; perhaps it should hook into File | Open | Data somehow.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6358>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/