pspp-dev

[patch #6358] Text import patch pre-review take 4

From: John Darrington
Subject: [patch #6358] Text import patch pre-review take 4
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 10:39:39 +0000

Follow-up Comment #14, patch #6358 (project pspp):

It's interesting that when I import my /etc/passwd file, it assigns the
password field with format MONTH3.  Presumably this is because it's
classifying "x" as the roman numeral ten.  The year 10 AD is of course not
representable in PSPP, so it produces funny results.

Perhaps it should only treat things which could be roman numerals  as dates
if they're in recent history?

If I override the allocated format to string, then on import, I get an error:

 syntax error: Syntax error expecting `(' at `8'.
 syntax error: Syntax error expecting variable name at `8'.

the journal file shows that it's doing:
> VARIABLE LEVEL VAR002 (SCALE).
> VARIABLE ALIGNMENT VAR002 (RIGHT).
> VARIABLE WIDTH VAR002 8.

On the other hand, if I tell it that the password field is a numeric format,
then it gets SYSMIS values.

With regard to the window size, it may be most appropriate just to call
gtk_window_maximize.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6358>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/