pspp-dev

[patch #6568] Computation of the covariance matrix

From: Jason H Stover
Subject: [patch #6568] Computation of the covariance matrix
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:13:32 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #6568 (project pspp):

"It seems somewhat pointless to have covariance-matrix.h contain nothing
except to include another header file. Multiple inclusions do nothing except
make compilation slower. Shouldn't it contain the prototypes of the
functions?"

Oops. I just forgot to add the prototypes. Currently, this is only the
initial version of covariance-matrix.c. I will add a one-pass algorithm later
and some acessor functions. For now I was just making sure the idea behind
this file was sound. (And making sure others could compile it.)

"covariance_update_categorical_numeric and covariance_pass_one take a number
of arguments which probably should be const."

So noted. I'll make them const.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6568>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/