pspp-dev

Workspace size

From: John Darrington
Subject: Workspace size
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:18:26 +0800

A couple of issues about the SET /WORKSPACE=x. command:

1.  I propose that the restriction that it must be >= 1MB be removed
    if the program has been started with --testing-mode.  This allows
    us to run certain tests without  enormous numbers of cases (hence
    taking 10 minutes per test).

2.  My interpretation of how the Chicago company treats this setting
    is different from what we use it for.   If we're going to emulate
    their semantics, then it ought to do something like:

    struct rlimit limit = {x, RLIM_INFINITY};
    setrlimit (RLIMIT_AS, &limit);

    whereas we currently use it to set an upper limit on the number of
    cases stored in memory, which is also useful, but perhaps we
    should change the name of the current setting?

Any thoughts?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3