pspp-dev

Re: Fwd: a new factory build?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Fwd: a new factory build?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 08:07:34 -0800

unknown-1 <address@hidden> writes:

>         It might take a few days to work out the kinks in the system, so
>         it's possible that some builds will get skipped, etc.
>
>     It would be rather convenient if instead of a date, you named the
>     tarballs after their commit hash.  Eg:
>
>     pspp-47e6024280cbc95dbfa637009091cc8404c84fb0.tar.gz
>
> I don't think that is a good idea. I don't expect a user telling in a list (s)
> he  has found a bug in pspp-47e6024280cbc95dbfa637009091cc8404c84fb0. A date
> is more convenient to understand in what version (s)he found a problem. And it
> is more robust in finding a typo in the reported name.

Before we get too many suggestions along these lines, the goal is
to have a webpage with a table that has many attributes of each
build, including hash and date, along with the ability to sort
along any column.

So an easier interface to the builds is on the way.  We're just
not there yet.
--
"Platonically Evil Monkey has been symbolically representing the darkest
 fears of humanity since the dawn of literature and religion, and I think