pspp-dev

Re: Problem with latin chars.

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: Re: Problem with latin chars.
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:41:41 -0200

I'm working it and so far had no progress. Seems like
G_FILENAME_ENCODING is useless on windows.
http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/unstable/glib-Character-Set-Conversion.html
I've found this:

"On Unix, the character sets are determined by consulting the
environment variables
G_FILENAME_ENCODING and G_BROKEN_FILENAMES.
On Windows, the character set used in the GLib API is always UTF-8 and
said environment variables have no effect."

If both Windows and pspp use UTF-8, I don't know what's wrong. If I
try to open an file with çãé and so on, pspp complains that those file
doesn't exist, but it shows its name correctly.

If I open a file, then save as "caça.sav" it saves the file, but when
I go check it, its name is all messed up.

I hate windows, we can't even believe that its charset is really UTF-8 :(

Maybe we can use this function to try fix this:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/unstable/glib-Character-Set-Conversion.html#g-locale-from-utf8

I'm still not really good programming, so I don't even know how to try it :D