pspp-dev

Re: translations

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: translations
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:38:21 +0100

2009/1/26, John Darrington

    I am curieus, how do you generate the en_GB.gmo?

I type  "make" and everything just works for me.

Just editing the .po file with an editor and that is it? "make" generates en_GB.gmo and "make install" installs it? (At this moment I can't reach my installation an can't check whether "make" generates the nl.gmo file.)

 Are you sure there isn't some stray control character which has krept  into your LINGUAS file?

J'

I am sure. The LINGUAS file is interpreted correctly and make is reacting on the changes I made. I also tried nl_NL with the same result. Tried above en_GB and below... same result.

If I copy, after using poEdit,  the po/nl.mo to po/nl.gmo or use "msgfmt nl.po -o nl.gmo" and use "make install" the translations become visuable in my installation on openSUSE.

BTW It seems the whole localization doesn't work on Cygwin. I have to investigate this further. If anybody has a hint about this.......

Have fun