pspp-dev

mingw and version 0.6.2

From: unknown-1
Subject: mingw and version 0.6.2
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:46:40 +0100

Hi

Very late with this, but I tested the commandline interface which is available in the master and the merge version. It worked great. Is it possible to push it to the stable version so I can be part of 0.6.2 ?  MsWIndows users will love this addition.

Further I see there is a lot of progress in the Mingw based distro. It seems everybody is looking at Mingw. :-)  What I found out the last weeks is that there are lots of problems with Mingw on the MSWindows platform. A lot of these issues are solved when GCC 4 is used, but there are also reports of instability with the newer GCC version when the result runs on MSWindows. People seem not to agree about that.

I think it would be wise to wait about 2 weeks or so before 0.6.2 is released and use this time for testing the new mingw based build. I wouldn't be surprised if new issues arrise which can quickly be fixed. This way these fixes can be part of 0.6.2-rc1.

BTW I volunteer to do some testing on this Mingw build.

Have fun