pspp-dev

var_is_valid_name

From: John Darrington
Subject: var_is_valid_name
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:11:00 +0900

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 09:29:08AM +0100, Matej Kovacic wrote:

     I am sending two test datasets - one contains variables with slovenian
     characters, the other data with slovenian characters.

One of the problems that manifests itself with the test_variables.sav
file is caused by Pspp's somewhat strict rules about what it considers
to be a valid variable name.

If I change the implementation of var_is_valid_name to a very
promiscuous {return true;} then this problem goes away.  This function
is only used in three files:

 src/data/por-file-reader.c
 src/data/sys-file-reader.c
 src/ui/gui/psppire-dict.c

I think it exists mainly for historical reasons.  Can we get rid of
it?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3