pspp-dev

Re: value-rep branch ready for review

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: value-rep branch ready for review
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 14:11:44 +0800

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 10:36:50PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     The value-rep branch is (finally!) ready for review.  Here is a
     summary of the Git log of changes.  This may also be viewed on
     the web at:
             http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/pspp.git/log/?h=value-rep

That's great.

             * This set of commits almost but not quite eliminates the
               concept of "long string" and "short string" variables.
               The remaining bits are in the value labels and missing
               values code.  To get rid of those, we need to find out
               how SPSS 16 (and later) represent value labels for long
               string variables in system files.  Does anyone have
               some sample system files to examine?

I posted some such example some time back as an attachment to bug #20582

I'll try to get around to testing the value-rep branch tonight.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3