pspp-dev

Re: ROC is ready for review

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: ROC is ready for review
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:39:29 +0000

Thanks for the review.  I addressed most of the issues you raised
and pushed a futher set of changes.

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 09:39:38PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     I don't really understand the algorithm used by
     casereader_create_distinct.  Why are there two layers
     (casereader_create_filter_func and casereader_create_translator)?

Ease of implementation I think.

     Why is it necessary to use casereader_peek (which forces all of
     the input data to stay around) instead of reading cases one at a
     time (and possibly being able to throw away data that has been
     consumed)?

I couldn't find any other solution which actually worked.

     process_group does a *lot* of manipulation of cases and
     caseprotos and readers and writers.  I didn't check it in detail
     because it wasn't obvious to me what the overall goal was.  It
     could really use a high-level comment.

I added a comment which explains that it actually does 3 things. In
order to keep down the number of data passes, it's necessary to have this
multi-purpose function.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3