pspp-dev

Re: libpq

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: libpq
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 22:09:01 -0700

Michel Boaventura <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm now having a problem with libpq while cross-compiling pspp. I
> don't have libpq, but unless I pass --without-libpq, I'm getting a lot
> of errors like:
>
> src/.libs/libpspp-core.a(src_data_libdata_la-psql-reader.o):psql-reader.c:(.text+0x1c4):
> undefined reference to `_PQclear'
> src/.libs/libpspp-core.a(src_data_libdata_la-psql-reader.o):psql-reader.c:(.text+0x1ed):
> undefined reference to `_PQexec'
> src/.libs/libpspp-core.a(src_data_libdata_la-psql-reader.o):psql-reader.c:(.text+0x201):
> undefined reference to `_PQresultStatus'
> src/.libs/libpspp-core.a(src_data_libdata_la-psql-reader.o):psql-reader.c:(.text+0x214):
> undefined reference to `_PQntuples'
>
> I understand just a little about autoconf, but seems like it is
> searching from pg_config on my linux, not on my mingw environment.
> I can see on config.log (it is attached on this message) that
> configure fails to link against libpq, find my '/usr/bin/pg_config',
> and thinks that I have
> libpq.
>
> I guess this is a bug that only shows itself if you are
> cross-compiling and have postgresql installed on your host.

I see what is happening.  The test for libpq via pg_config is
supposed to disable itself if you are cross-compiling, but
Autoconf does not consider you to be cross-compiling because your
system can run the Windows binaries that it builds.

I've got a fix written up and I'm currently testing it.
--
"The sound of peacocks being shredded can't possibly be
 any worse than the sound of peacocks not being shredded."