pspp-dev

flushing the journal

From: John Darrington
Subject: flushing the journal
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:50:26 +0000

 commit acde3ac4c15984258f66e6aa66b911c6b885f43e
 Author: Ben Pfaff <address@hidden>
 Date:   Thu Jul 29 22:09:08 2010 -0700

    make-file: Remove superfluous fflush().

    Probably introduced during debugging and accidentally left in.

I seem to remember this was a deliberate decision although the reason
for it no longer exists.

Sometimes I click random buttons in the gui to generate a syntax and then
Execute.
Occasionally the syntax will cause  a seg fault.   If the journal wasn't
flushed then
I have no way of reproducing the problem.

Since we made this change however the complete implementation of the journal
has been replaced.
But it looks as if the new implementation also suffers this drawback.

Can we change it so that the journal is flushed to disk each time something is
written to it?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3