pspp-dev

Re: "WARNING: Setting ABSTRACT via file 'lib/PSPP.pm' failed"

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: "WARNING: Setting ABSTRACT via file 'lib/PSPP.pm' failed"
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:25:59 +0000

I think I went down the same path of discovery and couldn't find
the real solution either.  But like you say it's not terribly important,
and avoids this annoying warning.

Please push it at your convenience.

J'

Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 10:29:14PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     One of the problems that I have with the perl module build is
     that I always get the following messages when the Perl makefile
     has to be rebuilt:

         WARNING: Setting ABSTRACT via file 'lib/PSPP.pm' failed
          at /usr/share/perl/5.10/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 583
         Writing Makefile for PSPP

     I assumed, until now, that this was some kind of serious error.
     But it seems that, in fact, Perl is just saying that it can't
     find the one-line description of the Perl module inside
     lib/PSPP.pm.  When I change the ABSTRACT_FROM line in Makefile.PL
     to give the abstract itself, e.g.:

           (ABSTRACT       => 'Perl extension to PSPP',

     then that fixes that problem.

     I assume that changing lib/PSPP.pm.in is a better solution, but I
     tried one or two possibilities and couldn't make that work.

     May I push the change from ABSTRACT_FROM to ABSTRACT (or will you
     fix this the right way)?

     Thanks,

     Ben.
     --