pspp-dev

Re: SPSS vs PSPP

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: SPSS vs PSPP
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:04:49 -0800

Rodolfo Martinez <address@hidden> writes:

> My name is Rodolfo Martinez and I am the Executive Director of Ontario
> Immigrant Network. We are a non-profit dedicated to grass roots research on
> immigrant integration issues. We are currently carrying out a large research
> project which will require a large amount of statistical analysis.  When
> originally planning out our budget, we factored in the cost of SPSS.
> However, my background with using GNU/Linux over the years led me to think of
> open-source equivalents for some of the software that we use.
>
> Obviously, this has brought me to you. So far, it seems that PSPP would suit
> us perfectly. Over the next year, I would like to run a comparison of how
> PSPP stacks up vs SPSS in our "real world" applications to see if we could
> maybe share this with other non-profits doing similar projects.  I was
> wondering if from time to time someone from your organization may be
> interested in offering help/pointers, and if you would be interested in our
> findings at the end of our year long project.

I don't see any other replies to this, so I'll give it a go.  As
you run into problems, please feel free to consult the PSPP
mailing lists for help and pointers.  I am interested in the
findings.

We don't have an organization--PSPP is just a small number of
individuals making contributions of various kinds--so I don't
know what else to offer.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org