pspp-dev

Re: Features

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Features
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:02:38 +0000

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:12:35PM -0000, address@hidden wrote:
     Thanks for useful software. In Vilnius University (Lithuania) we use SPSS,
     and most important functions exist in PSPPIRE. But  there are some
     fetures, that is missing. So  I made a list of features, that we need,
     that is realised in PSPP 0.7.8-ge98c31; legend:
     + found in PSPPIRE, required
     - not found in PSPPIRE, required
     * found in translation file, not found in PSPPIRE, required
     ~ partly found, required
     ? not found, not required

Thanks for the feedback.  Some of the features that you marked * or - do
in fact exist.  But they don't yet have dialog boxes.  You can run these
commands from the syntax window.

     Compare Means:
     ~ One-wayANOVA (~ [Contrasts]: - Trend
                     * [Post Hoc] (*Bonferroni, *Tukey)

These are done I think.

     Nonparametric Tests:
     - Runs

I think this one is there too.

     - 2 independent samples (- Mann-Whitney;
     - K independent (- Kruskal-Wallis H,

I thought Mann-Whitney and Kruskal-Wallis were done.

     * K-means cluster

That's done - just waiting for a dialog box.

Some of the others are non-trivial, but we're doing our best.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3