pspp-dev

Re: GLM factorial analysis

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: GLM factorial analysis
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:37:20 -0400

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:33:56AM +0000, John Darrington wrote:
> See the attached tar file.
> expected.txt is what spss gives (apparently)
> pspp.txt is what pspp gives.
> fdequal.sps is the syntax, which has a test both with and without interaction.
>
> I hope the problem is clear from this.

I looked into this problem.  Briefly stated, this happens because the
meaning of "type 3 sums of squares" changes in the presence of
interactions.  The fix should be simple enough, but requires get_ssq
to know which variables, if any, went into an interaction. Is there an
easy way to do this?

-Jason