pspp-dev

Re: Interested In Volunteering For Testing

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Interested In Volunteering For Testing
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:25:41 +0000

[CCing pspp-dev]

Hi Selma,

For general guidelines you should read the GNU Coding Standards which can be
found
at http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html  Also the GNU Maintainers
Doc
at http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html contains pertinent
information.

Note in particular section 6 which talks about paperwork.  You  will need to
talk
to Ben about that before we can include your contributions, but you can start
working
on the task immediately.

For all the existing tests, we use Autotest.  Unless there is a compelling
reason to the
contrary, I think your tests should also use Autotest.  The manual can be found
at
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Using-Autotest.html#Using-Autotest
In the source code, there is a directory called "tests" which contain the
existing
test suite.  I suggest you look through some of the existing *.at files to get
an idea
of how it works.

Also, please remember to post to pspp-dev rather than any individual developer
when
talking about the work.  That way everyone knows what's going on, and you get a
better chance of an informative reply.

Good luck,

John