pspp-dev

Re: Gui Documentation

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Gui Documentation
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:51:36 -0800

[javahelp]
> Ben, what are your thoughts?

I see that Debian includes a program called javahelp2.  I guess
that this supports the javahelp documentation format (I haven't
yet looked to see what format that is), so it seems that the
software and the format is probably "free enough" to use as an
online documentation format for a GNU program.

On the other hand, the Java and GNOME "ecosystems" don't
intersect much, so I think that it would be pretty unusual for a
GTK+ program to use javahelp for its online help.  It looks to me
that DocBook is a better choice: I see that the GTK+ reference
manual, at least, is distributed in DocBook format.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org