pspp-dev

inconsistent edit behavior in new sheet

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: inconsistent edit behavior in new sheet
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:13:15 -0700

Michel, some time ago you reported some inconsistent behavior in
the new psppsheet in #pspp, like this:

    michelboaventura: Let's say I have 2 variables
    michelboaventura: and I select the first cell of variable1
    michelboaventura: if I type anything and press enter, it will select the
second case of the same variables
    michelboaventura: and the "edit option" will still be enabled
    blp: yes
    blp: John thought that this was a logical action to take.
    blp: What do you think that Enter should do?
    michelboaventura: Yes
    michelboaventura: this is ok
    michelboaventura: But if I navigate with the keyboard to where there is no
variables and type anything
    michelboaventura: pspp will create a new variable
    michelboaventura: but the "edit option" will be disabled
    blp: I see.
    blp: So it is inconsistent.
    michelboaventura: so to type anything I will need to press enter
    michelboaventura: yes
    blp: I will fix it.

Tonight, I'm trying to reproduce this problem, so that I can fix
it, but so far I have had no luck.  Do you still see this
behavior with the current psppsheet branch?  If you do, can you
walk me through how to make it happen, step-by-step?

Thanks,

Ben.