pspp-dev

Re: PSPPire UI mockup

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: PSPPire UI mockup
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:06:27 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, my English is not fluent. Since that time, I have improved a little the idea.

Basically, I think you can make several improvements to the data editor view, when "label values​​" is active.

Eg.
→ ignore the option column alignment (left-aligned set by default). The column alignment option is useful in normal view, because it basically works with numbers, however, when there are label values ​​is not useful because columns lose legibility (center and right).
Addition to the above, the numerical values ​​are aligned to the right (string variables are aligned to the left like labels)

These changes would help greatly improve the visualization of the data (tag values ​​on). Also prevents image jump when deploying the combox and force to the word or phrase on the left (the problem I mentioned at that time).
These changes are based on the Stata data editor. I recommend reading about it as it greatly enhances productivity when working with the user interface. (even gives a color for each data type: string, label and number)
These changes would improve the functioning of PSPP, without interfering negatively with the classic behavior of SPSS:

If you are interested in this idea I can prepare a mockup

http://www.stata.com/features/overview/data-editor/

Regards

--
Bastián Díaz