pspp-dev

Filename Encoding

From: John Darrington
Subject: Filename Encoding
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 19:43:25 +0100

Thanks to Harry's feedback, I've started to understand the issues concerning
bug #33255 .

I'm coming to the conclusion that the easiest way to solve the problem will
involve adding a member to struct file_handle to store the encoding of the
filename. (There is already an "encoding" member, but this is the encoding of
the contents of the file, not its name.)  Then, the signature of fn_open will
need to be changed, to take a pointer to struct file_handle instead of a simple
filename.

This however is a rather low-level change.  So I'd appreciate any comments.
The biggest risk I can see, is the output drivers which all call fn_open in
their
callbacks.  This will need to be adjusted accordingly, but I think it can
probably be
done without too much problem.

Other suggestions welcome.

J?'