pspp-dev

Re: PSPP-BUG: mac - pspp icons

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP-BUG: mac - pspp icons
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 19:51:46 +0100

     On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Jeremy Lavergne <address@hidden

     > Yes, all graphics are presently missing: some because of the cache and
     > others from missing PNG files. I'm presently work on a solution for
     > updating the GTK cache and also checking with one of the PSPP
contributors
     > to determine if everything is actually built during a build and not
     > afterwards by GTK.

The problem is, we have a full set of icons at resolution 16x16 and at 32x32,
but
only a partial set at 24x24.  It appears that the default Mac enviroment asks
for
24x24 icons in its menus, which we don't have.

This shouldn't have been a problem, since there is a mechanism whereby GTK has
a default
icon set which gets scaled to the desired resolution.   Unfortunately, I chose
the
24x24 set as the default (because it was in the middle).

The best  way to solve the problem is if we can have a full set of 24x24 icons.

Batien, do you feel up to the task?

If that's not possible, then we can nominate either the 32x32 or the 16x16 icons
as the default.  The drawback would be, that scaling an icon too far would
result
in a somewhat ugly result.

J'

--