pspp-dev

Re: Re: Windows PSPPIRE/PSPP is pretty wonky

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Re: Windows PSPPIRE/PSPP is pretty wonky
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 21:46:05 +0100

[Moving discussion to address@hidden ]

On Thu, Jan 01, 2015 at 08:43:38PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:

     > On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 04:58:48PM -0600, Alan Mead wrote:
     >      John and Harry,
     >
     >      PSPPIRE.exe 0.8.4-g5ce6b1 (and the associated PSPP) is pretty wonky.
     >      Paste doesn't work correctly (I believe that's a know issue?). To
     > paste
     >      syntax into the syntax window, I had to right-click and choose
paste;
     >      neither Control-v or Edit > Paste would paste the text.

     I could reproduce this and it is indeed realy strange. It is not limited to
     the syntax window, but the same happens in the dataview. If you copy some
     data from outside PSPPIRE (for example from notepad to psppire)  you can
     only paste it in PSPPIRE when you right-click. Data copied from inside
     PSPPIRE (for instance from dataview to syntax editor) can be copied pasted
     the usual way!
     A reason for this.......I have no idea...

Looking at the code near line 385 in psppire-syntax-window.c  I am guessing
that this is due
to the encoding type declared by the clipboard contents.

Perhaps you could do some experiements to see if the functions
on_edit_paste and/or contents_received_callback are actually called?
And if the latter does get called, what is the value of the type field
in the GtkSelectionData ?

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3