pspp-dev

Re: Re: gtk3 - how it is today / should gtk3 be merged to master?

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: gtk3 - how it is today / should gtk3 be merged to master?
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 18:34:29 +0200

Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 12:28:21 -0700
From: Ben Pfaff <address@hidden>
To: Friedrich Beckmann <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

[...]
> Windows:
>       Compiles and runs but crashes when a window is resized?
>       See: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45213
>       I consider this a major problem.
>

> So: What should happen, before gtk3 is merged to master?

This is great progress!  Thank you for all the work!

Personally, I don't consider the problems you list above for Debian or
Mac OS to be big problems.  But Windows crashing when a window is
resized sounds like a bug that we should fix before merging.

After I updated Pixman to version 0.32 I had no crashes anymore. So it looks ok now, but I can't tell why it crashed. So I can't say for sure that it won't happen again.
In the next days I will buildl a new installation and build the toolchain for gtk3 only. If that produces stable MSWindows builds and the issues John raised are solved I suggest to provide builds for testing bij users before merging.

Have fun