pspp-dev

Re: pspp and outer space

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp and outer space
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 03:03:36 +0100

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 01:32:54PM +0200, Elias Estatistics wrote:
     Again, another annoying feature

     When using examine, and you put to produce all plots,
     and you use a comparison design of 2x2x2x2 (coded as 1/2 each var)

     then the title is something like this "group1=1, group2=2,
     group3=1, group4=1"
     In all produced graphs, the title continue outside my monitor,
     outside my home, and reaching the outerworld!

     PSPP tries to communicate with alien life in outer space? :P

     Can these lines be wrapped when n characters are reached?

Sure they can be wrapped.  Then a different problem arises:
Wrapping a 10^7 character string will cause is to descend below your
monitor, below your house into the depths of hades

Dealing with this kind of issue is non-trivial in the general
case.  I think Ben is reading up on some principles.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3